Sunday, October 25, 2009

Peggy's Altered Book Cover


I'm in an altered book group for the second time around with several of the same gals and some new ones.

We're on our 2nd book and ready for our 3rd. I've been a little behind on my projects lately....but I'm almost all caught up. Yay!

I did come across some Lottery cards for some other swaps that had been tucked away...and when cleaning my art room yesterday and today I found them...so, I'll be sending some surprises out for some ladies...a nice late treat for them.

Peggy's altered book's title is My Garden...and her theme was KinderGARDEN...kids and garden things. Her book was blank on the cover and was just screaming at me to do it...so I did! The cover was a plan cream color. I taped it off and painted it with H2O's...so there's a nice shimmer to it...you can kind of tell from the picture. Most of the images are from Paper Whimsy, but the fairy girl is from Collage Stuff. The little lanter picture that she's holding is glassy with Diamond Glaze, and the flowers have some beautiful glass iridescent beads on them. Then there is my zipper butterflies...I started creating these earlier this year, and rather like the addition to the butterflies.

Hope Peggy likes it when she sees it next Spring.

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

I absolutely adore what you created!
Very special to me and I love the sweet girl with the jewel(lantern)!
Thank you so much !
Artists always surprise me with their genuine and generous care in creating for others!!!
you are no exception!