Over a month ago, I started noticing altered journals, and decided to have my hand at a couple of them. Every once in awhile I'll find a clerance sale that I just can't pass up, and I'm sure this journal was one of them. The journal has blank pages and has an elastic band that goes around the front of the book.
I took some mulberry paper that I've had for about 20 years and ripped it to the right size to use for the binding on this book. I ran it through the Xyron machine first and CAREFULLY pulled it away from the wax paper. This doesn't always work, as the mulberry paper is very fragile...so just be careful when taking it off.
I used Punchinella to add some interest to the material on the journal and used some Paper Whimsy images to embellish the cover with.
Don't forget to add fibers and charms. They add fun and whimsy to any creation.