Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Nest of Fairie Eggs



As you've read...I love a deal. This weekend was fruitful, even though I only spent about $5.
See this cute little next...well I actually got four of them just alike and they were brand new. I paid $1 for all of them. I decided that I wanted to have a little fairie standing in the middle of the eggs, and this little Paper Whimsy girl was a perfect addition to the nest. I added some wings to her, and a colorful silk bow. You'll notice some tatting at the bottom of her dress. This is some vintage tatting that a friend of mine brought me from a big antique show she visited in Ohio earlier this summer.
One last thing to note is her wand. Again...a deal! This is a bobby pen with a star on the end of it that I got at a garage sale for 10 cents. I knew that I would someday use it for a wand. I cut half of the pen off so that she only had one stick. I then cut her hand away from the rest of her and put the wand under her hand for deminsion. Isn't she adorable?

3 comments:

sharon said...

Loooooove this girl Christy, just gorgeous!

Tolegranny said...

She is a darling. Just love her. Wonderful!

Unknown said...

amazing Christy,love her, and the way you put it all together x