Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My New Compact



I've been thinking about this project for awhile, which made the process so much easier this evening. I got three projects done this evening...and I'm very happy with all three.
I found this old compact at an antique store earlier this year for $5 with the idea that I'd make art with it.
Today was the day...I came home and got busy....first I decided upon the main image and then started adding details. I used a braided trim inside the powder area and secured it with E6000. The metal ribbon on the mirror is also secured with E6000...I love that stuff. I'm already almost through the second tube of it this year. Two items I really love here is the Cameo in the lower right hand corner. I found this little lady at a garage sale last weekend. It was actually part of a broken pendant. Right below the Paper Whimsy girl's chin (she's one of my favorites), you'll see another great little gold piece...this was also part of the pendant. Did I mention I paid 50 cents for it. I love deals like this. Wouldn't this be fun to do for a Swap??

3 comments:

Tolegranny said...

You sure know how to pick the deals. I love the compact. I love your work.

Anonymous said...

Christy, I adore this piece. How clever you are to use a compact and this is my fav Paper Whimsy gal. This piece is outstanding.

Unknown said...

This is so cool and I can see this as a great swap idea....! wondeful Christy x