Monday, February 23, 2009

Dreaming


Lately I've been finding myself dreaming about art. I like to think about what I'm going to create and how I'm going to do it before I start the piece. I lay everything out and move it around, add to the base of the creation before I glue it all down. I hate to make mistakes, so that is why I take the time to play with my creation.


Sometimes I wake up and realize that I have had a dream about what I should do for a piece of art. I try to build on the idea and see how I can make it better. Sometimes I complete a piece and after I've taken pictures of it, I realize that I'm not happy with it and it needs something. So, I work on it a bit more and take a new picture.


I think my dreams are an extension of what I think during the waking hour. Uninhibited...without boundries....freedom....DREAMS


This piece is one that I dreamed about...it all started out with the moon.....this 4x4 stretched canvas was painted by me and then the ArtChix collage pieces were added to complete the look. I love the colors in this one.

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

Say christine, you won something on my blog! Please come by! I also need your addy!
thanks for playing!