Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oh, Marie!

Last weekend I was creating in my studio and came across a couple of Marie images and decided that I wanted to play with them. I used a background provided from one of the Stampington magazines, some mulberry paper, and a few extra images from Paper Whimsy. The final touch after putting this all together was the hints of gold leaf and the pearl center for the flower.

My friend Jackie adores Marie....so I gifted her with it last night while we meet for dinner and to catch up. She's also an excellent artist, but I can't seem to get her involved in any of my groups yet.

I'm enjoying the weather here in Indiana this week....rather warm and enjoyable for this time of year. Hope you're all enjoying the same weather.

5 comments:

Terri Gordon said...

Beautiful Marie, you should join the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group, your work is lovely. Have a wonderful week. Terri

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful! And Marie as an angel! I am sure your friend loved this generous gift.

Mary Wilkins

Anonymous said...

Lucky ducky friend to have such a beautiful Marie gift from you! It's so pretty! Glad YOUR weather is nice ~ go outside and enjoy it!

Unknown said...

So sweet, Marie would let you eat cake after seeing this beautiful collage of her ;-)

Jacquelynn said...

I am SO lucky to have you as a friend--Marie gifts or not!! And so is Katie....Thanks for visiting yesterday!!! I just love looking at Marie while I am creating in my art studio. What a great inspiration!