Sunday, August 2, 2009

Helga's Weekly Challenge #2



Glad that Helga is back from vacation...and the timing was perfect for me.
I am finished with the play I was in for the past month and we were on vacation last week...so I had time to play.
Helga's Challenge this week was to add turquoise to our art. It's funny, because I'm getting ready to participate in an altered book group...and that was what I decided would be my requirement for my book...to add the color turquoise. Great minds!! : )
So...here's my second piece of art for this challenge. I created the background using AC's watercolor ATC's, and I stamped circles on the ATC using a pop lid. I then used watercolors to add the colors I wanted. I used the bird from the Pretty Bird collage sheet and Chixies Hat Affairs collage sheet. I cut the bird out and then punched a circle out of the rest of the background to add to the ATC. I punched a cirle out of a vintage Dictionary with the word CHIRP as the focus. I'm loving the color combination here.

1 comment:

bockel24 said...

love it, too, Christy!